Get ready for National Peach Ice Cream Day on July 17 with some homemade peach ice cream. Nothing beats the luscious combination of ripe peaches and creamy ice cream, especially if you add a tantalizing raspberry swirl to the mix.
We’ll give you an irresistible homemade peach ice cream recipe with a delightful raspberry twist.
Then you’ll be instructed on how to make the perfect soda-fountain quality peach ice cream float with whipped cream topping.
Enjoy your peachy creation later with some expert tips for storing it in the freezer the right way.
Plus, we’ll show you a fantastic way to use leftover peaches for a mouthwatering peach melba.
Homemade Peach Ice Cream with Raspberry Swirl
Making your own peach ice cream is easier than you think, and it guarantees a burst of fresh, natural flavors. Here’s a simple recipe to create a batch of creamy peach ice cream with a luscious raspberry swirl.
- 2 cups ripe peaches, peeled and diced
- 1 ½ cups heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup fresh raspberries
- In a blender, purée the diced peaches until smooth.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the peach purée, heavy cream, whole milk, sugar, and vanilla extract. Whisk until well blended.
- Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker and follow the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Meanwhile, blend the raspberries until smooth.
- When the peach ice cream is almost done churning, drizzle the raspberry puree into the ice cream maker, allowing it to create swirls.
- Transfer the finished ice cream to a container and freeze for at least 4 hours before serving.
- Scoop, serve, and enjoy the heavenly blend of peach and raspberry flavors!
Make a Perfect Peach Ice Cream Float
Want to take your peach ice cream experience to the next level? Go with the nostalgia of a soda-fountain quality peach ice cream float.
- 2 scoops of homemade peach ice cream
- Chilled peach soda or sparkling peach juice
- Whipped cream
- Fresh peach slices (optional)
- Mint leaves for garnish (optional)
- Place two scoops of homemade peach ice cream into a tall glass.
- Slowly pour the chilled peach soda or sparkling peach juice over the ice cream.
- Top with a dollop of whipped cream, fresh peach slices, and a sprig of mint.
- Grab a straw and a spoon, and enjoy the refreshing fizz and creamy peachy goodness!
Tips for Storing Peach Ice Cream
To preserve the taste and texture of your homemade peach ice cream, proper storage is key. Follow these tips for keeping your frozen delight at its best.
- Use an airtight container to prevent ice crystals from forming.
- Place a layer of plastic wrap directly on the surface of the ice cream to reduce air exposure.
- Store the container in the coldest part of your freezer, ideally below 0°F (-18°C).
- Avoid storing the ice cream near strong-smelling foods to prevent flavor transfer.
- Consume the ice cream within 2-3 months for optimal freshness.
Up your game with a perfect Peach Melba
Don’t let those leftover peaches go bad. Use them to make peach melba dish, which is a classic dessert that combines peaches, raspberry sauce, and vanilla ice cream:
- Sliced leftover peaches
- Vanilla ice cream
- Raspberry sauce (store-bought or homemade)
- In a serving dish, place a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- Top the ice cream with sliced leftover peaches.
- Drizzle raspberry sauce generously over the peaches and ice cream.
- Garnish with fresh mint leaves if desired.
- Dive into this heavenly peach melba, savoring the sweet and tangy combination of flavors!
On this and every National Peach Ice Cream Day, share the magic of homemade peach ice cream with family and friends.